Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Recipe

Saturday morning I found this greek salad while surfing Pinterest. 








Greek salad, yum! I added the ingredients to my grocery list which was a no no being that I am on a budget. But because it was healthy, I decided to splurge this week. The recipe can be found here


You can add or omit whatever you like, that's what is great about veggie salad recipes. I used kalamata olives in place of black olives. 


To make it cheap and easy, I basically just used:
- tomato 
- cucumber 
- kalamata olives 
- onion
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar 
- feta cheese 
- spices


I didn't use measurements, I added ingredients to taste. I just used the recipe as an idea. I also had a few of the ingredients already on hand.


Here was my result


And it is delicious!


-L

2 comments:

Erica said...

Yum!! Looks refreshing! Thanks for linking up!

Alyssa said...

Looks great and sounds delicious!