Thursday, January 19, 2012

Having A Mammoth Time

I've posted pictures of snowboarding before but I haven't mentioned that I've been snowboarding for 16 years. I started snowboarding in high school when I lived in Michigan. 


When I moved to California I had a pass to Bear Mountain for two seasons. I also went to Mammoth Mountain and Lake Tahoe. 


The first year I was in Colorado I had the "Five Mountain Pass" -- which included Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek and Arapahoe Basin.
The second season I had a pass to Winter Park, Copper Mountain and Steamboat. 


My favorite resort is still Mammoth Mountain. 

This weekend we are heading to Mammoth! M's brother is in town from Ohio and we are leaving in the wee hours of the morning on Friday. We'll go to sleep super early tonight and wake up to leave around 2am. We'll drive though the night and get to Mammoth as they open. We'll snowboard on adrenaline all day and crash hard at the end of the day. 

It's been done before, I hope in my old age I can still keep up. It will be a long first day! 

Every time we have been to Mammoth in the past we've gotten dumped on with snow. I'm talking two feet overnight. This year isn't looking so good for the Sierra Nevada mountains. There is snow in the forecast though so I will keep my fingers crossed. I'm sure we will still have a blast either way! 


My first time ever at Mammoth -- at the top -- 11,053 ft.






3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow so pretty!

Cori H. said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Mammoth looks amazing. Living so close to Tahoe...I haven't ever gotten out that way.