Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recipe Linkup -- Beer Bread

Last week I decided to bake beer bread. I LOVE recipes with beer.

I've made beer bread before but its been awhile and last time it was from a kit. I ran across this recipe on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try since I had all of the ingredients on hand and oodles of time.


Pinterest Version


Ingredients
3 cups self rising flour*
1/2 cup sugar
12 oz beer
3 tbs melted butter

*If you do not have self rising flour don't worry, just add:
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt



Lets Get Started!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour -- baking powder -- salt -- sugar. 


Add beer. 


You can use whatever type of beer you prefer, I used a pale ale. Pale ale is a bit hoppier which will make the beer flavor stronger in the end result. 

Stir together until moistened. 


Spray loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour dough into loaf pan. 

Pour melted butter over top of bread. 


Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. 

Wait about 10 minutes to allow bread to cool. Slice into it and enjoy! 



There was way too much salt in this recipe! I can't believe I even used as much as it called for. I would use maybe 1/2 teaspoon. Maybe. 

Next time I would use less salt and less butter. I might also add some cheese or jalapeƱos. I add cheese to everything because I am a mouse.  






No comments: