Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

I'll be honest. I took a major vacation from blogland this weekend. I'm not even sure if I remember how to blog. Joking. Anyway, I didn't even check in with my blog or any comments from Thursday night until Sunday night. That's awhile my friends. 

What was I up to? 

Well Friday morning started off, I'll just say not so well. I won't get into details but by the time I got off work I was ready for a bottle of wine. M and I passed out early and woke up early to head to the mountains for some snowboarding on Saturday morning. 


We met up with some friends and the weather was beautiful. SoCal snowboarding at its best. 55 degrees. 

Back in San Diego it was 80 degrees this weekend. Sunday morning M and I had full intentions of making it a beach day. In the early morning we headed out to run some errands at Costco and do some grocery shopping. When we got home, instead of heading out to the beach (which is at the end of our street I might add) we decided to have a Bloody Mary and sit on out balcony. 


It was nice to relax on our balcony in the sun (which you can see the ocean from) while sipping a Bloody Mary and listening to some reggae. It was the closest to a cruise I'll get this year. We were suppose to head down to the beach after that Bloody Mary. Well, one Bloody Mary turned into three. Then we decided to have a couple Pacificos. Sunday Funday.


Needless to say, I didn't spend a whole lot of time on the beach Sunday but we did eventually make it down to the beach. Taking advantage of sitting outside and drinking on our balcony was just as nice though. 


 Such a beautiful weekend. One of the luxuries of living on the beach in Southern California is taking advantage of snowboarding one day and enjoying the beach the next. Pretty cool if you ask me. 



5 comments:

CALLIE said...

O, what I would do for a bloody mary right now ha! That looks so delish.

What a perfect weekend. Snow and the beach?? Crazy!!

Kathleen said...

How cool is it that you can go skiing/snowboarding one day and then the next go to the beach! Ah the life of living in a state where both things occur. That is the only time I want to be cold. When I'm skiing! :) Glad you had a great weekend!

Katie Price said...

I miss a good Pacifico. The local beer here is green and tastes like shite *ahem, I mean Heineken.

Katy said...

Good for you for taking a break when you need it! I think it is really amazing that you can snowboard and go to the beach all in the same day! I am completely jealous :o)

hklover86 said...

where you live is absolutely beautiful. It must be amazing to be able to wake up and see the ocean every day!