Monday, February 20, 2012

Lake Tahoe - Part Two

When we went to Heavenly in Lake Tahoe in 2009 there was this cool little shack in the middle of the mountain called Snow Beach. It was a bright blue little bar, the perfect place for a Bloody Mary stop.

Snow Beach - Heavenly - Lake Tahoe 2009

This trip, I couldn't wait to get to Snow Beach and bask in the sun while drinking a Bloody Mary. Only problem was, Snow Beach was no more. Snow Beach has turned into Steins with an additional  umbrella bar.


The German in me loves a good beer and brat. While I have no problem with a place like Steins, I was missing my Snow Beach. There's nothing better than sitting in the sun on the side of a mountain listening to reggae and drinking a Bloody Mary. Oh silly me, besides being on a cruise ship that is. 


I still got my Bloody Mary while I relaxed in the sun. Thats all that matters.

******

Scattered around the mountain were photographers who will take your picture for free then post it to a site called Epic Mix. I thought this was great since it was just M and I, we weren't with anyone who could take our picture whenever I wanted. We stopped for pictures quite a few times and I must say we have some keepers.





2 comments:

Lauren Talon said...

Great photos! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Sunnyside to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you!
Jane