Friday, May 4, 2012

Colorado Living - Durango and Pagosa Springs

Last week I shared with you all of the Colorado breweries we visited. A few of them I mentioned were part of a road trip to Durango and Pagosa Springs. Breweries aside, Durango and Pagosa Springs were two places on my list to visit before we left Colorado. 

Durango and Pagosa Springs are two neighboring towns about 30 minutes apart located in the southwest corner of Colorado. Before moving to Colorado I had heard that Durango and Pagosa Springs were beautiful and I had to see for myself. Pagosa Springs is located on a hot spring which was pretty cool in itself. 

We took off for the 7 hour drive and planned on making a long camping weekend out of the trip, also planning on stopping at as many breweries as we could. 

Road Trip

When we arrived in Durango, we set up camp. We camped on a river. 


We went to the breweries of course and explored Durango. It was a pretty cool town. 


We headed back to camp.

And then it rained.




After we eventually left Durango, we stopped to explore Pagosa Springs on the way back. 






Pagosa Springs is situated on a natural hot spring. Hot springs run into the river. The water shooting out of the pipe was hot!

On our way back to Denver we crossed the Great Divide. 







3 comments:

Jen said...

I lived in Durango for 2 1/2 year while I was in College! I love it there and visit as often as I can! It made my day to see a post about Durango pop up in my news feed :)

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! I LOVE going camping and we have a trip planned for the end of the month and i am SO SO SO excited! New Follower via email :-)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Marcie Jean said...

Don't you just LOVE Colorado?? The mountains seriously own my heart. Just found your blog through Pinterest! Can't wait to keep reading! :)

xo,
Marcie
A Sigh and Sanity